Brief Description – An aquatic wildlife stocking permit allows an individual to perform any of the following: import, purchase, possess, transport and stock any species designated on the permit at the location specified on the permit. Live aquatic wildlife shall be acquired from a licensed fish farm operator or private noncommercial fish pond that has been certified free of the diseases and causative agents specified on the permit. Native aquatic wildlife species that are not available from commercial or private sources shall be obtained and handled as directed by the Department.
- Process: Complete the application form and secure approval through Regional Offices of the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
- Application form needed: Form 2710-A [pdf, 680kb]
- Fee: None
- Permit valid: Only for date or dates stated on the approved permit, not to exceed 20 consecutive days.
- Additional information needed: A proposal per R12-4-410 may be required if the permit is to stock an area where the wildlife has not already been introduced, or where the wildlife is not currently established, or to stock wildlife that conflicts with the Department’s efforts to conserve wildlife.
- Additional requirements: Must comply with all stipulations. Certificate of disease inspection of the source of the live aquatic wildlife and copy of the Aquatic Wildlife Stocking Permit shall accompany each shipment. Disease free certification inspection must have occurred within the 12 months prior to the shipment, and the Department may require inspection and certification more recent than the 12 months preceding the shipment. A commercial entity transporting live aquatic wildlife may require a transporter license from the Arizona Department of Agriculture per R3-2-1007.