| Arizona Shooting Ranges & Shooting Sports
facilities provide a safe environment to practice
for the upcoming season, they also provide
a safe and friendly environment for shooting
competitions and events.
- The Ben Avery Shooting
Range Facility is one of the largest public-operated recreational shooting facilities in the country. The facility is a world-class
shooting venue, with a 5-star rating from the National Association of Shooting Ranges, and designated as a City of Phoenix Point of Pride. The range is owned by the Arizona Game and Fish Commission and operated by Department. The facility has a main range for rifle and pistol, an archery range, and indoor air gun / archery and a multitude of specialty ranges.
- The Ben Avery Clay Target Center is located on the grounds of the Ben Avery Shooting Facility. This shotgun center recieved the designation as a Regional Training Center for the development of Olympic shooting by USA Shooting in 2010. The center has lighted trap, skeet and Olympic bunker trap, as well as two sporting clays courses set along the prestine Sonoran Desert.
- Learn more about the
selection of a Northern
Arizona Regional Shooting Range Facility.
- NEW! Tri-State Shooting Park development information webpage now available.
- The Arizona Game and Fish Commission created the Shooting Range Development Grant Program in 1996 to encourage the development and improvement of shooting ranges and to support their maintenance and operation.
- New! Map of public shooting ranges in Arizona [jpg, 1.10Mb]
- New! List of public shooting ranges in Arizona [pdf, 80kb]
- In addition, there are many other
shooting and training facilities throughout the
state- find a shooting facility near
- For a collective listing of all of the many shooting programs offer by the Arizona Game and Fish Department visit our "Get Outside" portal page under "shooting sports."
- New to shooting? Each year, in late March, the Department hosts the annual Outdoor Expo. One of the main draws to this event is all of the hands-on shooting opportunities, from air guns to handguns, rifles and shotguns. This is a great event to try shooting in an educational and safe environment.
- The Arizona Game and Fish Department Scholastic Clay Target Program (SCTP) is a team-based youth development program that uses the shotgun sports to instill discipline, safety, teamwork, ethics, self-confidence and other life values. Team members can participate in any or all of three clay target disciplines: trap, skeet and sporting clays.
- The Arizona Game and Fish Department’s Statewide Archery and Bowhunting Program is committed to teaching safe, ethical recreational archery, providing and enhancing statewide archery facilities while expanding recreational venues, and developing bowhunting programs and opportunities.
for more information?
Our resources page
has lists of external clubs, associations and
other Web sites to help you find all the information
Still have questions?
Contact us through